JOB: Personal Assistant to the Founder/ Sales&Marketing Assistant
LOCATION: Beachlands, Auckland
Fun, creativity and kindness are key. In this role, you will be the right hand person to the Aleph Beauty Founder and support in day-to-day administrative tasks which will ensure the smooth running of the business’s head office.
Customer service and marketing go hand in hand at Aleph HQ to ensure each and every customer has an elevated personal experience with the brand and walks away looking and feeling like the best possible version of themselves.
The role of PA/Sales & Marketing assistant involves being a first point of contact for customers as well as supporting the marketing manager in customer communications
The ‘all-round’ nature of this role will be perfectly suited for someone who is looking for variety in their career day-to-day and aspires to be part of a fast-growing start-up cosmetics brand with a great reputation as planet, people and animal friendly.
Responsibilities & Duties
- General administration tasks;
- Ensuring high levels of customer service through excellent communications with a personal touch;
- Handling all customer queries and responding to questions and complaints in a warm, professional and timely manner;
- Monitoring of social media channels and raising any negative queries to the founder, Digital Marketing Manager and PR Manager;
- Answer customer queries and questions through our social networks as required in a timely manner;
- Assist with brand and business-related copywriting;
- Participating in monthly work in progress (WIP) meetings and assist the team with creative brainstorm sessions;
- Working closely alongside the Founder to reach monthly sales targets and being available for support to drive the business forward with creativity and initiative;
- Ascertain customers’ needs and wants;
- Maintain highest knowledge of product information, features and benefits;
- Maintain tidy and presentable office conditions.
Qualifications and requirements
If you are warm, kind and friendly, love to get things done and make things happen and have a ‘can-do’ attitude, we want to hear from you. It’s also vital to have a passion for customer experience and storytelling whilst being adaptable and versatile with attention to detail. Because we’ll be inundated with responses, we will only be looking at applicants who prove that they don’t miss a beat by including “I’m people, planet and animal friendly” in the subject line when applying for this position.
You will also need to have a combination of the following:
- University Degree in Marketing or Communications is preferred;
- Proven retail or customer service experience, preferably working with prestige and / or beauty brands is ideal but not required;
- The ability to provide inspirational, authentic and personalised customer service;
- The flexibility to work outside office hours including nights, weekends and special events when needed;
- A strong grounding in marketing fundamentals – website, social media, event management and campaign management;
- Excellent organisation skills, prioritising tasks effectively;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, developing high quality content quickly and with great attention to detail;
- Flexibility and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, start-up environment with a high level of autonomy; we’re a small team and we all wear many hats;
- Dynamic team player, with a strong sense of ownership and drive to achieve;
- The ability to coordinate events the company participates in in accordance with the PR Manager;
- Be able to work from our Aleph HQ in Beachlands, Auckland.
Applicants will need to have NZ Residency or valid NZ work visa.
What can we offer?
Our purpose at Aleph Beauty is about being aware and considerate of impact on people, planet and animals through everything we do – with our customers, our partners, suppliers and most importantly our team.
We offer a competitive salary, a great working environment and the flexibility that a small business offers for the right applicant who can demonstrate a commitment to our ethos.
If you like to be challenged and are hungry to make a difference, then please email us your CV, a brief outline of your experience and why you want to join our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!
UPDATE: We're thrilled to announce this position has been filled.