Ageing is a privilege. Each new year brings new experiences, new people, new memories, and greater wisdom. Yet in the beauty space, society’s fear of age has spurred the term “anti-ageing” – why would we want to be anti all of the good things that age brings?
Meet proactive ageing: a future-orientated way of thinking where proactive behaviours assist, not resist, the body in its natural—and healthy—ageing process.
There’s societal pressure to resist the body’s natural ageing process and stay forever young. We reject this belief and prefer to look differently at the reality of ageing.
We prefer to embrace the idea of ageing with vitality. That is, with a focus on health, wellness, community, and proper maintenance. We call it proactive ageing for short.
Being mindful of the way we live, eat and move helps us to take back control of the way we age and support our body in doing its thing. Organs rely on cells, and cells rely on regeneration to function optimally. Naturally over time, our cell metabolism slows and so does the renewal process.
By carefully choosing the way we live, the products we use and the food we eat, we can proactively support the way our cells metabolise, our body’s natural coping abilities and the way we age.
Beauty is far more than skin deep. Beauty radiates from within. And to radiate, we must be healthy.
So beauty isn't about aiming to look good on the outside. Beauty is that natural consequence of healthy practices, and a joy for life.
Similar to the promises of anti-ageing, the power of proactive ageing can have positive, visible effects on our skin too. The skin is the body’s largest organ after all, and therefore requires a lot of cellular energy to function efficiently.
We’ve formulated Aleph with ingredients that support cell metabolism and give your body a nudge in the right direction. This can enhance the appearance in tone, texture and elasticity for overall improved skin appearance.
“Bluebird” Hibiscus Plant Cell Complex
- Packed with antioxidants and Vitamin C to help heal damage from sun exposure and pollution, calming irritation from environmental stressors.
- The malic and citric acid content gently exfoliate to brighten the skin, helping with hyperpigmentation and skin clarity.
- Boosts the overall activity of skin cells, ridding oxidised, damaged cells while promoting cellular renewal.
Kakadu Plum Seed Oil
- A powerful antioxidant that detoxifies and fights to protect skin from free radical damage caused by environmental stressors.
- The richest source of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), a supercharged ingredient that works to stimulate the production of collagen and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- The gallic and ellagic acid content works to restore the skin’s natural barrier and encourage skin elasticity and suppleness.
Alaria Esculenta Extract
- Rich in amino acids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that help to support and stimulate the skin’s metabolism.
- Promotes skin health and appearance by stimulating hyaluronic acid synthesis, supporting skin barrier function, and improving skin hydration levels.
- Helps to preserve skin suppleness and elasticity by reducing collagenase and elastase activity, and stimulating intercellular communication.
- Helps protect the skin at the molecular level, slowing down skin's collagen degradation and protecting the skin from the damaging effects of the sun.
- Supports the body's ability to produce collagen and elastin, helping reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Evens out skin tone, and fades and prevents dark spots by blocking out tyrosinase, a catalyst in the production of melanin.
Our products are infused with ingredients that assist the skin in its natural healthy ageing process, working in synergy to nourish and protect from environmental stressors that onset early signs of ageing.
So, let’s stop resisting the inevitable. Let’s shift our focus in support of our body and it’s amazing ability to age with vitality. The best part? There is no age requirement to start.